Yes, my goal is to read a book a month in 2008. And yes, it is April and I have only finished one. But, it doesn't mean I can't catch up! Have hope.Book 1: A Case for Christ
For anyone who knows who Jesus is, doesn't think he exists, is in love with Him, or for those who have never heard his name ... they should read this book. It is an easy read, but depending on your history and biblical study it may be a lot of information to take in with just a few sittings.
I picked it up as a result of a plea on my heart to understand the depths of who Christ is, how He is really God, and what His years on earth miraculously looked like.
The chapters are outlined as several tough questions commonly asked about Christ. Strobel interviews scholars in that specific arena of study. Questions and answers and thousands of thoughts are touched on. I learned new significant things about scripture, history and my own faith as I read.
It is an apologetics book written from a skeptic perspective ... and honestly if you go into the reading with the idea that the author is going to prove to you intellectually that Christ is all that He is, you're probably not going to get what you want. I think the Spirit has to intervene and allow that mystery and crazy reality to be foundational truth in our minds, at least for me that is how it is. But, there are definitely many truths explained that will grow your unshakeable belief in who Jesus is.
And isn't that what is desired, to grow to a place where our faith in Christ is immovable, unshakeable? I think one of the paragraphs at the end of the book really went back to what grounds me, confidence in his truth through his real movement in each of our lives ... the undeniable truth that we have seen so evidently. It makes things clearly immovable.
I encourage you to read it.

No comments:
Post a Comment