4.12.2008

Scattered rainy day thoughts


Most days I cannot deny the beauty and blessing that God has lavished on and around me. Today was one of them.

This morning I awoke smiling, with the sun streaming through the blinds of my old apartment. At one point, it was home to me, and there is something still about it that just makes me sigh in relief. The small gifts at the start of the day make all the difference.

God abounds, He's moving.

All day, I read stories of kids who would never ask to be placed in the situations they are in ... and I try to comprehend God's vastness, His ability to change things, to bless and protect anyone and everyone, and then go back to the clients that are in such desperate need of freedom and love. It's still crazy to my mind, and I don't believe I'll ever understand.

But, there is such a joy, in the midst. That God is here. He wants to use us to shine His salvation, truth and love in this world. Some days it seems like I'm just aimlessly living, getting no where "for the kingdom" ... but when I look at the ways God continuously provides, protects and speaks, I know I can have confidence in His promise to use me (and you) for His glory.

So, I pursue (hopefully with my all) ... the ways God wants to change this world, and the reminders of His love for me is just incredible. And I am so thankful.

1 comment:

Cara said...

hope! that's my favorite part, too. along with the two of them dancing on the pages of her book :)