Originally I thought Kashi Toasted Oats looked like dog food, so I avoided them. But, this morning I ate a bowl with great delight along with some tasty almond milk, blueberries, bananas and a glass of OJ. I ate lunch out: a sandwich with tabbouleh, hummus and veggies (luckily
Cynthia ate my cheddar). My biggest temptation of the day were the Valentine's M&Ms that my husband bought me - that are currently staring me in the face in a cute bowl on my table.
 |
| My February Chickpea Pot Pie |
For dinner, I had a chickpea and veggie pot pie. I got the
recipe off of VegTimes but made a few changes. I used potatoes instead of pasta, coconut cream instead of cream cheese and eliminated the parmesan. Next time I am planning on using a vegan cream cheese alternative and finding a salty replacement for the parmesan ... or maybe I'll look into getting a cookbook like
this to find more creative cheesy recipes.
I tried making a vegan hot chocolate this evening, but I think I need to go a different route with my next endeavor.
Overall, a successful first day.
No comments:
Post a Comment