On Sunday night, I was reminded, once again, how gifted and called you have to be in order to successfully (and healthily) work with kids suffering injustices at the hands of another. We stood and spoke with a man that spent much of his lifetime serving in India. One of the many stories he shared was one of a marketplace where you could buy almost anything, harpoons, elephants and with tears in his eyes, he shared that children were also for sale.For two days I have been hearing his words in my ears, discerning and wise words, about people who have worked towards justice in vastly corrupt and evil places and emotionally have just been destroyed, and how it has to be God calling you to that place or you will be quickly defeated on your own strength. So, I'm trying to figure that out ... if I am to go someday and how he is going to prepare me with the ability to see injustices and not always the ability to be a part of change or even ever see change for the better.
Hmm.

No comments:
Post a Comment