9.03.2007

Changing Me

My heart is one that God wants to change.

Cleansing me of impulsiveness and a lack of self-control, teaching me to think before I act and strongly consider the consequences of each of my choices. Cutting out poor self-image, giving me freedom to be myself, whoever that may be and creating a heart focused on God's view of me, rather than people around me. Removing selfishness and restoring my heart for giving my time to others before taking it for myself, always putting others first. Taking my pride, seeing that others ways may be just as valid in God's eyes, providing patience for views that are not my own.

Believing with everything that God can transform anyone.

He changed David.

He changed Peter.

He changed Paul.

He can and will change me as I am willing to let go and pursue love, peace, patience, kindness, joy, goodness, self-control, gentleness, faithfulness.

(I imagine sometimes that God revealing my unknown sins to me as a black light shining on me, showing all those flaws that weren't quite visible without it. He wants me to change the subtle things, the deep-provoking sins, that cause many of my other waverings of the faith throughout my days ... He's going to change me. I just know it. And I think I'm ready.)

No comments: