(I laughed aloud at this story for too long, so I thought I'd share it.)
4:42 Finished typing up my paper
4:43 Emailed paper to my email, Begin sprint to library
4:45 End sprint to library
4:46 Realize all computers in the basement are taken
4:47 Realize all computers in the mezz are taken
4:48 Wander
4:50 Finally secure a printing station computer
4:52 Request print in color
4:53 Realize I only have $1.93 left in my balance and colored prints cost $.25
4:54 Resecure computer, request print in grayscale
4:55 Print out main body of paper
4:56 Stand next to color printer waiting for the pictures to print
4:57 A page prints; not mine
4:58 Another; not mine (seriously? I know its color but one page per minute?)
4:59 Page eight of architecture paper; obviously not mine
5:00 Girl approaches color printer DIRECT QUOTE: "Hey, do you mind? I still have sixteen pages to go."
5:00:03 Mild anxiety attack
5:01 Print out pictures in grayscale
5:02 Almost get run over sprinting across the street
5:02:23 Building is locked
5:05 Woman leaves building and lets me in
5:05:03 Room is locked
5:06 "Excuse me, where should I hand in this paper? This room locked."
5:06:10 "Who's your teacher?"
5:06:12 "Professor ... "
5:07 "Oh he'll be out of a meeting in ten minutes if you want to hand it to him. Or slip it under the door."
5:08 Seriously consider explaining to my professor (1) why my paper is late, (2) why its in black and white, (3) why I'm not wearing socks
5:08:01 Slip paper under door
5:14 Still no sign of colored copy emerging from printer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
haha
Post a Comment