2.17.2009

imperfect



There's a freedom in ... all of those things you try to hide about yourself ... being revealed. Usually an average person wouldn't talk about them ... and quietly you are super insecure about each one. But, there is a simple power in someone mentioning them, even if they think it's odd . Because NOW, I know, even though it's been brought up ... I'm still loved ... and that allows an extra bit of confidence. Today, its mostly in the small things, like my stomach that never stops making noises, a tooth that isn't aligned with the rest, the fact that I never stop smelling of coffee, no matter how many times I wash my hair, sweaty palms, black socks creating toe lint, unshaved legs, a flawed complexion, or all the other imperfections that I try to hide. But, the bold acknowledgment of it, although stinging at that moment, with some laughter added in, in the end, makes me more free to be me ... the kind of me that wears not-so-trendy clothes sometimes, has messy hair when I wake up, or often says awkward statements. I like this.

3 comments:

Cara said...

perfect!!! i love this too!! you and i are linked, sister - i feel it haha. lovin' you this day!

Hope said...

:)

Suzanna said...

your coffee smell and awkward statements are my favorite thing about you