10.14.2008

Jump



Refining my passions, some may say. There are so many things in this world that catch my eye, absorb my time, and build this excitement in me to simply chase after. Do I just need to be more focused?

The question is, will I ever be satisfied unless I simplify to the few things that God intends that I truly be dedicated to? How many doors will He close in my life until I see what He's pushing me towards?

But, I rationalize with myself, not knowing if I am capable of those bigger things. Fear overtakes me ... so I stay safely on land with my fringe passions. It may sound silly. But, I have questioned over the last week, if the things I've been pursuing, the career path and all that comes along with that ... is that playing it safe?

Will I ever really find that day when I come home and sit on the couch, sigh, and say, this must be what God made me for, in this direction I am heading?

In this place, I really don't know.

So, another change? Once again?

No comments: