Below is a piece of a mass-letter my sister-in-law sent out this morning. She can see! (It's amazing and beautiful.)
So, I now have two working eyes, though my brain hasn't quite caught up yet. If I look through both eyes, I see two pictures that slightly overlap. Things in the new eye look brighter and closer than they do in the first eye, but somehow ghostly and transparent at the same time.
...
I have a lot of strengthening to work on if I'm going to make it out to the slopes this season for my very first sighted-ski trip! I learned to ski a year after I lost my sight, and have been skiing blind for nineteen years. I'm scared to death of looking down at the grade of a green run, nevermind a black. But, I'm really excited too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Post a Comment