I've been curious lately about the depth of grace ... I wonder how God truly changes people at the core, how He changes the entire trajectory of their life ... I believe it is fully possible. He draws people in, battered, damaged, addicted, bound and chained and He frees them to hope, love and chase His heart with everything in them.
Entering a new field, it is interesting to see all the ways the world looks at life and how things affect you, and how experiences leave you changed forever. One of my texts the other day stated, "At these transition points, the individual may proceed in an adaptive or maladaptive direction. Although the direction of the development can change at any point, as one proceeds through the life cycle, change becomes, to some degree, limited by the pathways one has already taken."
In regards to that idea, I think ... is God ever limited? He is so big and untamable. Anything is possible in His ways. But, is there truth to the statement above? Are people limited by their experiences as far as their development and the ways their lives can move on from that point? The more I think about it, I want to say, of course not. But, there is still something about that idea that is so real in the worldly point of view, the patterns we see. Maybe I just need to stop looking at things from a world-perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment