The other day I sat with my very pregnant friend and another friend who has eight children of her own (she just loves babies). My friend mentioned, I think the baby cries while it is still in the womb. What I strange concept, I thought. And the conversation continued. The mother of eight and her husband brought up this movie they had seen called The Silent Scream, a full-on video of a baby ... being aborted ... and in the process crying. I guess this woman was willing to allow her abortion to be internally taped, which is just crazy to think about. [There is a reason I didn't include the link to it online, as you should definitely be really intentional before you sit down and watch it.]
So, continuous visions came to mind during my Saturday night, Sunday day and evening about this vivid documentary. I'm not ready, emotionally, to see this movie yet. But, I am overwhelmed by the cause of educating others to KNOW what abortion means. And if my girl-friend says I think my baby cries in the womb, then what would an abortion really look like ... a small unborn, premature baby ... I think about the young children I've held and adored, and I just cannot even contain myself.
Last night I was at church and God allowed my favorite Psalm to be read. There is a verse that says, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." And honestly, I couldn't contain myself. I thought about what this video that my friend had prior described, the millions of children dying ... and I just get overtaken by compassion, desperation and cry out for sympathy in any way from God for the sin of our world, apologizing, asking for mercy, for so many women ... who just don't know.
So, I pray, how will they know? How will they know they have a tiny, growing, crying baby being formed in them? I want to be used, but the vastness of this injustice is just completely overwhelming.
I thought I'd share this with you, as you may want to take action also.
Here are some resources that I have followed for awhile; (rockforlife, feministsforlife)

2 comments:
I feel the same way, Hope. I don't think I could watch that film, even imagining it is devastating. The difficult part for me to figure out is how to stand for this cause with compassion- I know people who have had abortions and I don't want them to think I hate them or judge them for what they have done. But it's so important. I have such a hard time with the whole voting thing, too, because it so often seems that I'll love one person and everything they stand for except that they are pro-choice- and then the candidate that is pro-life I don't like at all. My conscience just won't let me vote for someone who thinks it's okay to let babies be killed. But then the other question arises- what if they want to protect babies but let injustice flourish and kill innocent people in stupid wars? It's so complicated.
Yes! I'm with you in the politics of things - and some day maybe we can watch this movie.
Post a Comment