6.26.2008

Intercession

Book 3: Intercession, Thrilling and Fulfilling

This book is a collection of inspirational instruction and true stories of how to pray for those around us, and in the midst be transformed by our LIVING God. Chapters are listed as titles like, Praying for Our Friends, Spiritual Warfare, Are You Prepared, etc. The author is an older, traditional woman who has worked for YWAM - and she has seen the power of God and has no fear when it comes to calling for it.

I was the most challenged by two chapters, one called How Far Will We Go? and the other titled, How Big is Your Vision? It was huge to be forced to see how little I walk out to sacrifice in prayer. Would I sacrifice everything, everyone, myself?

Read this book if you struggle with how to begin praying for people, situations or the world around you. A good friend gave this to me awhile back and it has been sitting on my shelf waiting for me since. When I started reading it, I called her and said, I cannot believe that I waited this long to pick it up! Much of it is instructional towards the end, and if you have a subscription to Pray Magazine (don't laugh), then you may not get too many new ideas from the last quarter of the book.

But, I recommend this for anyone who wants to grow closer to God's heart for the world.

No comments: