5.22.2008

No Rest admist Resting ...

We will give ourselves no rest, we will give God no rest ...

What does it mean to pray so much we allow Him no rest from our offerings? How would things change? This afternoon I was challenged to find what this may look like. We can have faith enough to do anything, what does that mean? And how does persistent prayer really move?
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn,
her salvation like a blazing torch.

I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;
they will never be silent day or night.
You who call on the LORD,
give yourselves no rest,
and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem
and makes her the praise of the earth.
[Isaiah 62]

Can we live in a constant state of this, praying fervently by lifting up every sight we see?

Pray always = "come to REST"

Hesychia, the rest which flows from unceasing prayer, needs to be sought at all costs, even when the flesh is itchy, the world alluring and the demons noisy.
[Henry Nouwen]

No comments: