The categories of optimism and pessism don't exist for me ... I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. Cornel West
Some say I'm an optimist, but as I am seeking, I am finding more and more that it is purely joy in perspective. The past few days I have spent at home (I'm living away from home these days). During that time there were massive amounts of blessing, and in spite moments of the conflict, akwardness, sadness or simply confusion - when I look over the few days, I see a concrete list of reasons for joy and thanksgiving. So, I'm going to share those things with you.
God's Blessings
.four hours of talking with a good friend who had just gotten home from a two-month trip to Africa
.an increduble night with Lo and James, talking and smiling [and time practicing my wheelchair coordination skills]
.an inspiring meeting with the elders of my church, brainstorming and sharing big vision
.a free (very tasty) breakfast with two of my good friends, preceeding my incredible home church
.doctors' check-ups and clean teeth [I sincerely like my dental hygentist]
.a handmade gift from my beautiful friend Lisa
.an entire day with Jaz, searching deep into where we are and who we want to be, talking and writing through strategies of change
.random women from my church speaking with me throughout the weekend about visions and thoughts that have been put on their hearts in regards to me, which entailed words of encouragement and push towards huge things in my future ... and genuine prayer
.reading and music at Prospect
.significant time spent with my mother and sister
.making homemade Valetine's cards
.inspiration by things going on overseas and talented dancing by Haitian teenagers
.multiple quiet coffee dates with Jesus and Biology [And, yes, I do love learning biology facts]
.running into random (and sweet) friends almost everywhere I went
.talking, laughing and cuddling with girls that I love, remembering how much I adore my friends
.a night spent at my alma mater, driving around, reminiscing, talking with girls I discipled back in the day, who are now practically leading our ministry [I admit I have an unhealthy obession with the college, but those four years changed the entirety of my life :) ]
.worship times
.bowling with friends (and scoring over 100, even though I didn't even have my own bowling shoes)
.the Cog, who will inspire me until the day she dies
portions of my days spent with Jillian, that make me so appreciative of the things God is doing, and has done so clearly
.the small moments all throughout and the blessings I didn't even acknowledge
I can't even contain the kind of excitement that grows in me, reconginizing the list above and knowing that all of those blessings can exist in such a small portion of time.
.a handmade gift from my beautiful friend Lisa
.an entire day with Jaz, searching deep into where we are and who we want to be, talking and writing through strategies of change
.random women from my church speaking with me throughout the weekend about visions and thoughts that have been put on their hearts in regards to me, which entailed words of encouragement and push towards huge things in my future ... and genuine prayer
.reading and music at Prospect
.significant time spent with my mother and sister
.making homemade Valetine's cards
.inspiration by things going on overseas and talented dancing by Haitian teenagers
.multiple quiet coffee dates with Jesus and Biology [And, yes, I do love learning biology facts]
.running into random (and sweet) friends almost everywhere I went
.talking, laughing and cuddling with girls that I love, remembering how much I adore my friends
.a night spent at my alma mater, driving around, reminiscing, talking with girls I discipled back in the day, who are now practically leading our ministry [I admit I have an unhealthy obession with the college, but those four years changed the entirety of my life :) ]
.worship times
.bowling with friends (and scoring over 100, even though I didn't even have my own bowling shoes)
.the Cog, who will inspire me until the day she dies
portions of my days spent with Jillian, that make me so appreciative of the things God is doing, and has done so clearly
.the small moments all throughout and the blessings I didn't even acknowledge
I can't even contain the kind of excitement that grows in me, reconginizing the list above and knowing that all of those blessings can exist in such a small portion of time.
If the only prayer you say in your entire life is thank you, that would suffice. Meister Eckhart

3 comments:
i love the quotes!
ugh, and i don't remember where i have read the first one before! i was getting so excited, just reading the first sentences, going like "i know this i know this i know this!" but not knowing where i know it from haha.
anyway. a wonderful reminder! lately i am just so stressed, and it is wonderful to just take a deep breath and whisper a quite but honest "thank You".
much love to you, hope!
thank you hope, you're one of my favorite blessings of encouragement :)
thanks you two!
Post a Comment