2.19.2008

Dance through Heaven's Doors

Sun comes up
And I awaken
To the soft touch of your kiss
And my strength to face another day
Echoes in sweet words from your lips

For I desire to be in nobody's presence but yours
Take my hand
Draw me close to you
We'll dance through heaven's doors

Falling stones
They all will answer
But words come hard to find
I'm afraid their eyes will never see
This love just can't be defined

For I desire to be in nobody's presence but yours
Take my hand
Draw me close to you
We'll dance through heaven's doors

We will dance with the fire of God in our eyes
We will dance though they tell us to run
We will dance though they tell us the battle's been lost
Knowing we've already won

Sun goes down
We're here alone again
And the world is silenced for a time
All the stones they throw, they fall to dust now
Because your hand is still in mine

For I desire to be in nobody's presence but yours
Take my hand
Draw me close to you
We'll dance through heaven's doors


[A song written by my friend Sarah, a long ways back ... but I have been listening to many old song lately - and this one has been repeating in my head. This is her below with her niece/now-daughter]

No comments: