12.13.2007

Psalm 23

This evening I was listening to music on the train. The one below, I wrote out the words because it is beautiful and helps me to communicate with Jesus, in the way, some nights, songs just do. It made me recall one late night this past August; one of the most intense weeks of my life ... of a friend stopping me in the reeds at the beach and praying Psalm 23 over me, from memory. This song was inspired by Psalm 23 and that psalm has been an extremely powerful one in my life. So, here it goes.


Walk with me quiet

Walk with me slow

With watered down coffee and words of gold

I can feel the edges of these things

When I hear you speak to me

So walk with me

Walk with me empty

Walk with me strong

The hush of our voices

When the day seems so long

It is like a balm

It is like a jewel

It unravels all I thought I knew

Will you lead me

Beside the still waters

Where the oil

It runs over

And my cup overflows

You restore my soul

Tell me the story

Where old is made new

The promise of ages

And all things that are true

When the shadows fall and the wrecking ball

Swings and tears me through the heart

lyrics by: Sandra McCraken

No comments: