10.14.2007

ethos

So, I have recently heard many rants and raves at Starbuck's (from the company) of the endless life-changing things they are doing for this world. One being the invention of a bottled water that they send 2.5% of the profits to making clean drinking water in countries of need. Do they honestly want me to promote that? They make about $1.84 on each bottle and send $.05 to the countries that need the money. We will need to sell 200,000,000 bottles before we reach their goal of $10,000,000 for countries in need. However, the company will pocket (and maybe redistribute to the company) $10,000,000 after 5,434,783 bottles are sold. I wish I could tell the guests to spend a dollar at the gas station next door on a bottle and I'll take the $.89 and give it to an organization that will donate it's entirety.

So, this morning I found out about this spoof site, and I had to laugh:

Ethos

(the company really is doing a lot of good things - this one though, I think is just being done poorly.)


BUT, there are organizations like Blood Water Mission that give 100% of the money they raise.

So, my advice to you is don't drink bottled water at all! Give all your money to Blood Water Mission and if you're not convinced yet, watch this video, take a look at the African Blood Water Mission photo book Hope in the Dark, or go to a Jars of Clay show and hear their stories.

No comments: