9.29.2007

sleeping in the storm

Mention me
in your sleep
and I'll dream
you're awake

Me and her driving home from Meredith into
the outside of a storm

How do I manage questions for He who throws
one hundred million raindrops from the sky

The leaves here are only beginning to blush
The colors of October hush

Passing the purple mountains draped in misty morning
Piles of thoughts inside my hands this morning

I can convince myself that loneliness is freedom
And I can convince myself that there's happiness in silence

And I can convince myself that nothing is forever and
this all is for the better but I can't fall asleep tonight

Mention me
in your sleep
and I'll dream
you're awake
and then ...

1 comment:

Jeff and Lisa Olson said...

Hope...!

Thanks for your comment on our blog!

It was so great to hear from you!

I have been wondering how you are and have REALLY enjoyed reading your blog.

Drop me a line when you get a chance... lisalaureen@yahoo.com

Lisa :-)