I am overwhelmed by the evil that surrounds our lives and the constant ways that it affects us. It's crazy that a group of teenage girls that are SO fortunate by the world's standards are living admist emotional and physical abuse, eating disorders, depression, suicidal attempts, rape, struggles with homosexuality and so many other things they talk to us about. It burdens my heart to a point where God just takes those things, because they are so much more than I could ever handle on my own. There is nothing I can do to "save their lives", that is solely Christ. I intercede and give advice and intercede and when I catch myself worrying, all I can do is pray (and cry some). But it is such a challenge, a challenge to take on others' burdens as your own and wonder, God, why are these things happening to them? But, I guess trusting that Love will win, Glory will be seen, and they will be free. Knowing that all I truly have to offer them is ... that Christ is freedom.
I read this today:
"The kingdom of My Father cannot be overcome, even by death. In the end everything will be all right. Nothing can harm you permanently; no loss is lasting, no defeat more than transitory, no disappointment is conclusive. Suffering, failure, loneliness, sorrow, discouragement, and death will be part of your journey, but the kingdom of God will conquer all these horrors. No evil can resist grace forever." [brennan manning]
If we believe that the kingdom of God is here and now and that we have the ability to do more than Christ ever did in his life, then the kingdom can conquer these things now. Or it can at least begin to conquer them ... maybe through me? That is really and wholly what I want. It's just a lot and when I look at it ... it seems too big. But I have to remember that God can do anything.
Anything.
Anything.
anything.
anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment