Sometimes I forget the power of the Holy Spirit.Maybe I never fully understood it before ...
I am sorting through thoughts and questions about the Trinity and what it means to have God with us all the time, in the Spirit.
(He's with me right now. Isn't that overwhelming and somewhat ... just, crazy?)
So, some questions I am thinking about tonight:
Why did God choose to give some the Holy Spirit from the womb (John)? Was that unique? Does He do that today, with some of His chosen?
What did people think the Holy Spirit was when it is mentioned in Isaiah? Did people reference it?
And why does He give it to some without their asking (Elizabeth)? He does that now, but it is after Pentecost and the Spirit is available to all.
There are many references to the Holy Spirit's work before Pentecost. And I will start a new side-study of this, out of curiosities.
Isaiah 62, 63
Matthew 1, 3, 12, 28
Mark 1, 3, 12, 13
Luke 1-4, Luke 10-12
John 1, 6, 14
I haven't looked into readings on this ... I think I'm going to explore on my own with God and the Word for some time. Maybe people have been discussing this for 1000 years, I don't know. But, honestly I've never thought about it until today ... the Holy Spirit's work before Pentecost.

No comments:
Post a Comment