9.12.2007

come ... and listen

are you listening?

Come and listen
Come to the water's edge
All you who know and fear the Lord.

Come and listen
Come to the water's edge
All you who are thirsty

Come.

Let me tell you what He has done for me.
Let me tell you what He has done for me,

He has done for you,
He has done for us.

Come and listen
to what he's done

Come and listen
to what he's done

Praise our God for He is good.

He has done for me,

He has done for you,

He has done for us.

Come and listen,
come and listen
to what He's done.

Come and listen,
come and listen
to what He's done.

The first time I heard this song was on a mixed cd that a friend made for me for my 2 week adventure to Germany and London during Christmas 2005. I was drawn to tears each time it played. I would press the repeat button again and again and again. I imagined playing it for everyone I know ... saying come ... listen to all the things (the we forget) that he has done for us. I imagined playing it at my wedding, knowing the powerful things He has done in my life and the things yet to come.

It's just amazing.

How powerful is that? What if we shared the things God has done for us? Everything? Wouldn't that change people all around us? If we just acknowledged God's working?

here are some (a few) things HE has done for my lately:

inspired me and begun to equip me to change people's lives by working in poverty-stricken areas with youth and young women as a social worker, and opened my ideas to the ways I can work overseas with victims of sex-traffiking as a social worker

allowed me to move to a new location for a period of time in order to find new freedom, healing and clarity on what He has next for my life

provided me with two jobs that more than pay my bills

given me 3 meals a day and a place to lay my head for about 9000 days of my life

blessed me with a family that is still living, safe and under the umbrella of God's creation and purposes

answered my prayers by allowing my sister-in-law to see after being blind for 18 years

given me grace today and every day as I fail again and again and again

provided me with some incredible friends, who are endlessly loving me and supporting me

challenged me to be more than I am today

blessed me with leadership and athletic talents that have allowed me to serve and meet so many people that are gifts from Him

allowed me to serve at camp this summer with the most incredible staff in a leadership position that is almost everything I desire to be doing in a job

given me the capability to forgive and have new beginnings

transformed friends around me

helped me to notice the nature and animals around me and how intricate they are



allowed the apostle Paul write encouraging letters that would affect eternity, from these prison walls

gave me the opportunity to pray for these girls and show them the love of Christ


provided a building for a church community growing in Izmir, Turkey

shows us sunsets


Let me tell you what
He has done for me,

He has done for you,

He has done for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perfect.