6.20.2007

my mind takes over

I have a hard time mentally escaping from my surroundings lately. There is so much going on, that I seem to have lost all desire to think like Jesus or really to even think outside of myself at all.

Prayer has been my passion and my soul for so long and somehow I have stopped praying for the situations around me. I have jumped to trying to fix things on my own. Trusting in God's provision isn't my first thought.

I'm forgetful sometimes. God has made huge promises. He promises to do incredible things through me, if I allow that and pursue whole-heartedly. Each moment that I stop and really grasp that, I am overwhelmed with joy, excitement and even tears.

My mind just needs to be quieted. I know this. Stopping is just so hard for me so often.

And He whispers, even in this moment:

I'm calling you to lay aside the worries of your day, to quiet down your busy mind and find a hiding place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh wow, i know this SO well. and i always have to think of this song (and especially these lines) as well. praying for you, so that you might find rest in Him, and that SHALOM may rest in your beautiful heart. <3