[martin luther]
I am hungry for the Word itself, and so often I have so many readings or questions, or essays along with the Word ... I convince myself that I need them. But He is enough, His Word is enough, and He is SO capable of speaking solely through what has all ready been written.
"For everything that was written was written to teach us ..." (It's crazy that the two verses that I've memorized this month, I have been reminded of almost every other day!)
He speaks directly to us. He speaks through His Word. And He desires to do that with me. I just need to initiate.
He's teaching me how to take initiative. He's been waiting so patiently for me to step up to the plate and walk out and be used in all the ways He has been placing on my heart. I have been hesitant for so many invalid reasons, and I do want to walk forward now. I really do want to be fearless and faithful.
"the culmination of knowledge is not conceptual but experiential..."
[maritain]
He can speak to my heart. He wants me to believe fully that He IS enough. He is everything. His words can comfort, inspire, teach, mold and empower me to do anything. Do I really believe that? Because I'm not living that on this Monday, rainy afternoon. I'm not IN the Word for the hours I could be each day ... tarrying and memorizing. He wants to change me through those things.
He is here. And today I will let Him move in me. I want it to stay that way.
[ Put down your paper plate Come to the table made Deep blue china Found on the table by the wine So fine I miss You so The feel of forever That taste I know It hurts to remember Unfortunately high Ironically dissatisfied I miss you]

No comments:
Post a Comment