5.10.2007

take the initiative

"Beware of the tendency of asking the way when you know it perfectly well. Take the initiative, stop hesitating, and take the first step. Be resolute when God speaks, act in faith immediately on what He says, and never revise your decisions. If you hesitate when God tells you to do a thing, you endanger your standing in grace. Take the initiative, take it yourself, take the step with your will now, make it impossible to go back. Burn your bridges behind you - "I will write that letter"; "I will pay that debt." Make the thing inevitable. " [Oswald]

It's funny how so often I expect to pray for things, for patience, for wisdom, for more love, for gentleness or kindness and I expect them to bust through the doors with out even an inch of a step on my part. How silly is that?

God will instruct us the way we need to go - but the key is that we need to learn, we need to listen, we need to respond and take action.

I forget that. Maybe I never knew? No, that's giving myself way too much credit. I do not step forward enough. I need to walk out in my own effort, to develop that character, and allow myself to be formed in his image. I need to follow God's leadings NOW and not wait another moment.

Okay.

No comments: