5.29.2007

following Him will lead to change

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy Warhol

It's funny all that I am learning about initiative. We have to pursue God in order to be like Him. It is such a simple truth, but something I so easily forget. I sit in my bed late at night and pray that I will act more Christ-like tomorrow than I did that day, and I miss the reality of just waking up and taking action to act more Christ-like.

We were created as pro-active people by a pro-active God. I have forgotten what I used to know so well. To have the fruits of the Spirit, I need to gain a desire to chase after them, to be transformed and molded through learning and circumstances. God will transform us, I do not doubt. But, I sit, lazily, in my home and wait for it most days. I am waiting to be transformed, rather than taking the initiative.

I need to step up, step out, hold my ground, be fearless and not afraid of consequences that God wants to allow in order to build my wisdom, patience, empathy, self-control, and discernment.

He desires to equip me for so much, but I am missing pieces of it because I am not stepping far enough out into His desires for my days.

He WILL change me, my heart, my mind, my desires, my sense of Him in my life.

I just need to walk forward and follow Him.

:)

No comments: