2.04.2007

My willingness?

Sometimes I'm at a loss, how truly all this drama in our every day lives fits into anything close to what You had in mind for us. Was there really this sort of drama always? I guess with Rachel and Leah always yearning for Jacob's attention ... and Peter denying you, lying to you and all ... that probably caused a lot of bitterness and resentment. So, I guess things have always been this way. With sin having such a foothold in this land. But, its hard to know that it is so strong among the people you have chosen.

Often I feel so deep in it, like it is hard to know where to go from here. How does someone really start over? I really believe that its always possible. There are endless stories of Christ fully redeeming people, sometimes even without their asking, only their willingness. So, maybe the question is, am I really willing to start over? Am I really willing to give up everything, leave my water pitcher at the well, and run to you?

Nothing can seperate us from your love, except our unwillingness. Maybe that's why I'm still stuck in the past, the old patterns, the sin that has been done to me that has been haunting me for years, maybe I'm unwilling to truly leave it at the well and run the race with all that you want me to.

Can today be the new day?

No comments: